Monday, December 30, 2013

A Holiday Miss / An Apology

Well, somehow I've made it through the entire holiday season without posting ANYTHING I've made.  I'll give you a quick run down...

At Thanksgiving I made green bean casserole (from scratch!), corn casserole, and the cutest ever turkey cake balls, ever.  For Christmas, instead of buying gifts, I made them!  You really can't go wrong with a gift from the kitchen, and now it's a tradition for me. 

No one complains about something they can eat.  Unless it's fruitcake, they might complain about that.

As we've previously discussed, I love candy.  And let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've had a homemade caramel.  Have you?  How about a homemade marshmallow?  Trust me, you're missing out.   I made salted caramels, marshmallows, peanut brittle and this year, I branched out and even made peppermint patties.  O. M. G.

Every year I spend hours in the kitchen, poised over a vat of boiling sugar; I lose sight of what clear kitchen surfaces I manage to keep, I stress out my husband, and every year, I ask myself why I do this?  And every year, I enjoy my friends' and coworkers' reactions so much, I forget about the terrible parts, and I know I'll do it again next year. 

The leftover candies aren't a horrible incentive either.  Let me live.

Now, here's the bad news, I don't have entries prepared for anything I've described above.  
Work + Life + Holiday Crazy + Blog - Time = Head Full of Ideas + Empty Notebook Pages

So, I will labor on, and now that the holidaze (see what I did there?) is coming to an end, I'll work to share these recipes and more with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...