Monday, May 20, 2013

Musings.

I've fired up the computer to write my first post, only to discover that I can't find the cord which connects my camera and computer so I can't use pictures of yesterday's dinner. Instead, for today at least, you get my musings and I hope you find them entertaining.

It's Wednesday afternoon (bordering on evening), and I'm considering starting another pot of coffee.  I'm just home from the Secretary of State, which is never a relaxing experience and caffeine is sure to help, isn't it?  I'm contemplating what to make for dinner and thinking about how much I'd like a plate of cookies and a tall glass of milk as opposed to anything responsible or green. 

I love to cook, bake, and create, but I hate cleaning up the mess.  My dream kitchen has a dishwasher, one of those sleek stainless numbers, and it matches the fridge (freezer on the bottom, thank you very much).  I'm not worried about them making the kitchen too sterile or industrial though, because I have a very serious problem with clutter.  Namely, that no matter how hard I try, I cannot conquer the problem in my house.  Unsolicited credit card applications,  magazines (yes, I still get paper magazines delivered by the USPS if you can believe that), empty coffee cups, pens, sunglasses, nail files, hand lotion, and workout DVDs, these are a few of the random objects that cover basically every horizontal surface in my house.  I blame it on the fact that my kitchen doesn't have enough drawers. I mean, don't you use the extra drawers in your kitchen to hide all your random junk when company is on the way?  Well, I only have enough drawers to house my collection of kitchen gadgetry, so that's out of the question. 


Yes, that gadgetry includes a set of non stick egg rings, and they did not stop my eggs from fusing together and becoming the size of the pan. So, no, fried eggs are not my strong suit.

French rolling pin?

Love it.

Microplane?

Gotta have it.

Nonstick egg rings?

No.  Just trust me.



 
I'm a sucker for a gadget, but in this case, I wish I'd gone with a garlic press instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...